Updated October 1st, 2020.
Ireland is a magical country, perfect for eloping. It's off the beaten path and unique in comparison to popular elopement destinations (like Iceland). There are so many gorgeous areas where you can have a beautiful private ceremony without the crowds. It can also be a great vacation for your friends and family to join the celebration.
Ireland Elopement Packages
If you’re traveling to Ireland to elope you probably have a lot of planning to do and a budget to consider. All of my Ireland elopement packages have travel and accommodations included in the price and you won’t have to worry about any additional charges on top of your elopement photography.
What is the best time of year to elope in Ireland?
The weather in Ireland can be unpredictable no matter what time of year you choose to elope. However, if you’d like to increase your chances of warmer temperatures and slightly less rain, July, August, and September are your best bet.
A Winter or Spring elopement in Ireland is also possible of course, but you’ll want to adjust your plans and expectations accordingly. Go for cozy cottage vibes by renting a relaxing Airbnb near the sea or in the countryside. Go for a beer in a local pub together and be extra flexible so you can be ready at a moment’s notice to run outside when the weather breaks.
Ireland Wedding Videographers
Video is one of the best ways to relive your elopement. I love working together with videographers on the day of your elopement. We work together to create a plan for how we shoot the day, staying out of each other’s way and not interfering with how your elopement unfolds. I prefer to work with videographers who don’t overly script and interfere with the natural events of the day.
We have a few favorite elopement videographers based in Ireland we love working with!
Best Elopement Trips in Ireland
- Paddy wagon - This tour company is one of the best. Favorite tours include the Cliffs of Moher and Giants Causeway.
- Green bus - These hop-on/hop-off bus tours are a great way to see different cities across Ireland.
Castle & Ruins Elopement locations in Ireland
- Glin Castle - The ancestral home of the FitzGerald family, Knights of Glin. Located in County Limerick.
- Kilkea Castle - A historic castle with history dating back to 1180, Kilkea Castle is a gorgeous castle an hour away from Dublin.
- Gregans Castle - This castle is nearby to the Cliffs of Moher.
- Ashford Castle - One of the most luxurious and award winning castles in Ireland.
Dublin Elopement Locations
Cork Elopement Locations
Kerry Elopement Locations
Galway Elopement Locations
Share this story