Elopements have become extremely popular, for good reason. The typical wedding day events can be excessive for some couples. The pressure to create an event for hundreds of guests can be simply too much. Instead, you can sneak off with the one you love and get married on your own terms. These intimate ceremonies are incredibly powerful, the vows you make can be filled with so much emotion because you don’t have a room of all of your friends and family staring at you.
Portland Elopement Photographer
My typical in-state elopement package is two hours of coverage. This is perfect for most couples in the Portland area, it allows for getting ready or hiking into a cool spot, the ceremony, and an hour or so of portraits. I can always add extra time if you want multiple portrait locations or have special activities in mind.
- You and your partner
- An officiant, this be a friend or family member who is ordained, or the wedding judge is a favorite.
- You’ll need two witnesses, I’m always happy to be one of them.
- Flowers are typically nice, favorites include Foraged, Goodseed, or Selva.
- There are wedding planners that specialize in elopements: Mae & Co.
- Once you have a spot, it’s typically best to either shoot near sunrise or sunset.
- Don’t forget a bit of champagne or a small cake!
Popular Portland Elopement Locations:
For out of state elopements, my package is five hours and includes travel + accommodations. Inquire for pricing and availability.